From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Virtualization
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:07:13
1 On 09/05/2009 01:59 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > Hey Neil,
3 >
4 > I tried to compile virtualbox using intructions here
5 > "http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/VirtualBox". And it was unsuccesful, I
6 > have attached the build.log
7
8 As I said in a different thread, that version of virtualbox-modules will
9 build successfully against kernels *older* than 2.6.29.
10
11 I don't use vmware but I do use virtualbox every day and I love it.
12 It's extremely fast even compared to kvm, which I also use on my newest
13 machine with hardware virtualization support.
14
15 I suggest you fetch the latest stable binary package from:
16 http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
17 (choose the "All distributions" package) and run it, which will also
18 build and install the vbox kernel modules automatically.
19
20 It's very easy, quick, and simple. It even comes with an uninstall
21 script if you don't like it.