From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't install a new system
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:48:59
1 On Sunday, 11 April 2021 12:02:27 BST Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 6:33 AM Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
3 wrote:
4 > > I think I must have had a bad stage tarball. At any rate, that problem
5 > > doesn't occur now.
6 >
7 > Possible, though it seems more likely that it was a bad repo that you
8 > synced. The problem would go away the next time you ran emerge --sync
9 > (whether on the same stage3 or with a new one).
10
11 It could also have been damaged in transit. I'm afraid I've got out of the
12 habit of checking the downloads. Anyway, I've fetched it again and checked it
13 this time.
16 Regards,
17 Peter.