From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] which lenovo or huawei laptop?
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2022 20:05:38
1 On 06/04/2022 19:53, n952162 wrote:
2 > I bought a bottom of the line HP laptop and had only problems with
3 > unsupported chips.  I'd like to buy a lenovo or huawei now. Has anyone
4 > had bad experiences porting /gentoo/ to either?
5 >
6 If you're prepared to pay decent money (there's no such thing as a
7 "bottom of the line" here), try these people
8
9 https://junocomputers.com/product-category/laptops/
10
11 (I get the impression they're Italian with a UK base, certainly they've
12 got a UK address, don't really know.)
13
14 I bought the 14" for my wife (weight here was THE massive criterion).
15 I've now bought the 15" for me although I've not set it up yet.
16
17 All the computers come with Ubuntu. I blew it away, and installed SUSE
18 as the host for installing gentoo (though I had problems with systemd
19 networking so that got aborted) and Windows which is what my wife uses.
20 Having got this system working with gentoo/systemd, I should have more
21 success setting up my laptop.
22
23 Cheers,
24 Wol