From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:29:39
1 On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:00:41 +0300, Andrey Gerasimenko wrote:
2
3 > When SHOULD I sync again? That is, for how long may I not to sync and
4 > expect that ebuilds can find the files they need to download at the
5 > expected locations? It looks like this depends on the good will of 3-d
6 > parties, for example, I will get nVidia legacy drivers only if nVidia
7 > keeps them on their site or the mirror I use keeps them. I still do
8 > not know for how long old ebuilds keep working. I understand that some
9 > ebuilds can stop working any time when a 3-d party changes the file
10 > they do not allow to put on mirrors, but what is normal for an ebuild?
11
12 Files are removed from the mirrors two weeks after the last ebuild using
13 them is removed from the tree, so if you sync every two weeks you should
14 never suffer from missing source files (apart fro restricted ebuilds).
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.