From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Excessive digest failures in portage
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 04:40:09
1 On 25 May 2009, at 07:55, Saphirus Sage wrote:
2 > ...
3 > Followed the instructions and checked with diff, absolutely no
4 > difference, which leads me to believe it's failing memory; but
5 > there's a
6 > problem. This is a PowerPC machine (eMac G4), and memtest86+ seems
7 > to be
8 > dependent upon an x86 architecture. So, is there any good way to test
9 > this, or do I just pull out one of the 512 DIMMS and hope for the
10 > best?
11
12 I think an Apple hardware diagnostics bootable CD should have been
13 supplied with your machine. There are also 3rd party ones
14 (TechToolPro?) that are supposed to be better.
15
16 But nothing beats actually swapping RAM.
17
18 Stroller.