From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] gcc-5.0 ?
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:10:09
1 Hello,
2
3 I need access to the latest gcc compiler for some experimental work
4 with some GPU enabled coding. [1,2]
5
6 So using this latest gcc compiler just for compiling some fancy new cluster
7 codes using RDMA, is liable (probably ?) to be a wee bit tricky.
8 Now, assuming I find an overlay somewhere, how do I go about ensuring
9 it is slotted and only used with specific syntax just for a few codes
10 and nothing on my general portage tree?
11
12 Also, I have not found a gcc-5.0 or gcc-5.1 in an overlay (yet), but
13 I did find this gcc-9999 by zorry[3]. It does not look to be gcc-5.x but I
14 am as yet uncertain on that.
15
16 Any discussion or suggestions how to best get access to gcc-5.x
17 is most appreciated; as is methods to using it (control it) limited
18 to just a few codes.
21 James
22
23 [1] https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/OpenACC