From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mcview (mc -v) stopped working after glib update
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 22:40:14
1 On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Weird problem this one. I updated to sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201 (from
3 > 2.8_p20080602) and everything appears to be just fine. With one exception:
4 > viewing files in Midnight Commander's built-in viewer doesn't work anymore.
5 > Pressing F3 (View) does nothing. Calling `mcview` or `mc -v file` also
6 > does nothing; the application simply exits with no error messages (or any
7 > other messages; just nothing).
8 >
9 > Anyone encountered this? I've rebuild mc of course and revdep-rebuild shows
10 > all is OK.
11
12 It still works fine for me. I'm using ~amd64 and these versions:
13
14 sys-libs/glibc-2.9_p20081201
15 app-misc/mc-4.6.2_pre1
16
17 I didn't do anything special after upgrading glibc.
18
19 Does MC use "file" or some similar command to identify what kind of
20 document it is opening? Perhaps some supporting utility is broken on
21 your side for some reason.
22
23 Paul