From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reproducible Installation Lists?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 14:29:46
1 On Monday, 28 February 2022 13:38:52 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 26 Feb 2022 16:41:55 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > After reading the responses in the thread, this appears to be one way
4 > > > to do it. Though I think adding it to a set could be a cleaner way? I
5 > > > haven't tried all of the suggestions yet.
6 > >
7 > > In passing, I thought I'd mention that I keep most of my packages in
8 > > sets: core, base, xorg, plasma, apps and utils. My world file only gets
9 > > used for temporary or experimental things: it has one entry at the
10 > > moment.
11 >
12 > I use a set for temporary installs, saves polluting the word file. From
13 > time to time I check the set and either remove packages or move them to
14 > world or another set.
15
16 So this operation is commutable, as well as arithmetic etc. That is to say:
17 A=B is the same as B=A.
18
19 Well, sort of...
22 Regards,