From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Netflix Error Code O7355 with Opera
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 20:35:21
1 On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 19:04:15 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
2
3 > > I've got the sinking feeling that it's c copyright management thingy
4 > > that only works on Chrome. I dread building it; wish me luck...
5 >
6 > You don't actually build Chrome. You install the binary package.
7 >
8 > You can build Chromium, but Netflix won't work with it.
9
10 I don't watch Netflix on my laptop, but I've just tried it in Chromium
11 and it seems to be working fine. I suspect it's either the widevone or
12 proprietary-codecs USE flag.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Standard: (n., adj.) a design target which manufacturers may embellish,
19 improve upon, or ignore as they wish, so long as it can be used profitably
20 in their advertising.