From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [Possibly OT] rile-roller having problems with deletions after upgrade to 3* series kernel
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 04:51:18
1 Each night (at midnight) I make backups of files that changed the
2 previous day, and on the first of the month I make full backups of
3 important directories (/home, /etc, etc etc). Each morning I do
4 maintenance on the partial backup from the day before. I've noticed
5 that since I upgraded to the 3* series kernel (at this moment it's
6 3.2.12) I've had problems with file-roller - I tell it to delete a
7 directory (something I consider nonessential like ~/.thumbnails) and I
8 says "Reading archive..." without actually deleting anything. I've
9 found that I can delete ten files at a time, which can be really
10 inconvenient when there are hundreds of nonessential files I need to
11 delete. I don't think it's tar - I can go into my terminal window and
12 delete all the files I want with tar and it works perfectly; it just
13 seems to be file-roller. Has anyone else experienced this?