From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No profile 17.1 for 32-bit (x86) installs?
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 05:57:08
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > I just updated Gentoo on my old backup machine, an 11-year-old Dell
3 > Inspiron 530 desktop, and there's no mention of profile 17.1 in either
4 > "eselect profile list" or "eselect news list". I'm not looking for
5 > extra hassle, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious.
6
7 Same here, nothing to worry about:
8
9 "In the new profiles, the lib->lib64 compatibility symlink is removed.
10 64-bit libraries need to be installed directly to lib64. /lib
11 and /usr/lib become real directories, that are used for cross-arch
12 and native non-library packages (gcc, clang) and 32-bit libraries
13 on the multilib profile (which improves compatibility with prebuilt x86
14 packages)." [1]
15
16 On x86 system there is no lib32 nor lib64, everything is already under lib.
17
18 raffaele
19
20 [1]