From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migration from single to dual core
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 14:51:26
1 On Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2008, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > So it's back to the old threads about whether 64 bits is superior to
3 > 32, etc.  My question now is, given that the system is working damned
4 > well now, what is the best way to handle this: recompile everything?
5 > Should I recompile gcc and the libraries and all compilers.
8 mkfs.YOURFSOFCHICE
9 follow the usual installation instructions.
10
11 There is no sane nor safe way to 'upgrade' from 32 ot 64bit. You would have to
12 recompile everything - and some stuff several times. It will be a lot easier
13 and should be faster to start from scratch.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list