From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Font missing after xorg upgrade
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:48:49
1 quoth the Donnie Berkholz:
2 > darren kirby wrote:
3 > > Hello all,
4 > >
5 > > I just completed upgrading to Xorg 7.0 and it went fine, however, I seem
6 > > to be missing "Courier 10 pitch" which was the only monospaced font that
7 > > looks decent on my screen. When I started X all my monospaced fonts were
8 > > set as courier which looks terrible.
9 > >
10 > > Does anyone know where to get this font back? I did a google but it did
11 > > not help.
12 > >
13 > > Thanks for consideration,
14 > > -d
15 >
16 > Try font-adobe-100dpi or font-adobe-75dpi or possibly font-ibm-type1.
17
18 The adobe fonts were already installed (no 10 pitch) and I installed the IBM
19 fonts and it was not there either. However, "Courier [IBM]" seems to look
20 fine, and will be suitable.
21
22 I would still like to know where the 10 pitch is if anybody knows...
23
24 > Thanks,
25 > Donnie
26
27 And thanks,
28 -d
29 --
30 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
31 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
32 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972