From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Crossover Office and Word 2007
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:34:18
1 On 2009-01-27, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 January 2009 17:46:46 Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> I realize I'm arguing a moot point, but using something like
4 >> .docx for shared documents that need to be maintained by
5 >> multiple people for a long time (more than a month or two) is a
6 >> dead awful choice.
7 >>[...]
8 >
9 > The management and I have an agreement:
10 >
11 > They do not get to tell me who gets access to the company's core
12 > infrastructure.
13 > I do not get to set company policy.
14 >
15 > The latter applies here.
16
17 Yea, I assumed something like that to be the case and that it
18 was a moot argument. Perhaps somebody else will learn from it,
19 but those most likely in need probably don't frequent this
20 list -- making it doubly moot.
23 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Boy, am I glad it's
24 at only 1971...
25 visi.com