From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to drive the VGA output
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:15:27
1 At Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:02:13 +0200 Matthias Krebs <matthias.krebs@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Am Donnerstag 24 Juni 2010, 01:14:44 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
4 >> Laptop: dell E6510
5 >> Gentoo: ~amd64
6 >> Graphics: nvidia VVS 3100M
7 >>
8 >> I am unable to drive the VGA output. Symptoms include
9 >>
10 >> * Executing "xrandr" does not mention LVDS or VGA
11 >> (and using --output VGA gives a warning that VGA doesn't exist)
12 > try with default like :
13 > xrandr --output default --mode 1280x1024
14
15 This works and permits me to change the resolution of the display.
16
17 > xrandr without options show the available resolutions, second line shows the
18 > output names, like "DVI-0 connected" or "default connected". on my one box
19 > with the nvidia driver i have "default connected"
20
21 Right. I just have "default connected" as well.
22 Do you know how to enable DVI-0 connected?
23
24 Your msg encourages me to search documentation about the nvidia driver.
25
26 thanks,
27 allan