From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo gets as bad SuSE: Circular dependencies [WAS: Thank you Gentoo devs]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 01:05:13
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > The circular dependencies between Xserver and drivers do not come
3 > from upstream. They're artificial. If we just want an simple-to-use
4 > package which gets the Xserver *and* drivers based on useflags
5 > (which IMHO is an good idea), it's quite trivial to do this by an
6 > virtual/meta package. I've did it and it works good. You can get
7 > it from my overlay via CVS:
10 You totally baffle me. As I've previously stated, I just installed
11 Gentoo with xorg, kde, etc. on a new machine and there were no circular
12 dependencies or any other problems. The whole lot emerged without error
13 and installed my selected driver, nvidia. So where is the problem that
14 you are supposedly seeing?
17 Be lucky,
18
19 Neil