From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] what's new with all those new packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:08:02
1 > A number of times
2 > that I've looked at change logs it turns out that 3 or 4 of these
3 > changes are to fix things on other architecture while for me they are
4 > just compile jobs.
5
6 Maybe I'm too cynical or maybe it's from experience but in either case I can
7 tell you as a developer the change log often reflects what I remember I
8 changed since the last release and is never intended to encompass every
9 change I made to the source.
10
11 >From that perspective the change log provides some helpful ideas about what
12 changes were implemented but never represents the complete change list.
13 Making the assumption that it does means that you could end up missing a
14 critical gentoo security/stability fix.
15
16 Besides, if you schedule your compile times for off hours then you really
17 don't lose anything with the additional compile jobs.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list