From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enable "regular" network traffic when using VPN
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 20:59:05
1 On 06/08/2018 01:42 PM, Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3
4 Hi Hilco,
5
6 > I am logging all DNS requests and I can see that dnsmasq is responding
7 > correctly (and, in fact, identically) to, say, google.com with or without
8 > VPN. But the browser just hangs. Until I disconnect VPN, then everything
9 > works again. So it seems that I'm close but something is still missing.
10 >
11 > Any ideas?
12
13 My bet is routing. Specifically the default gateway probably gets
14 changed to route through the VPN when connected.
15
16 You may want to reconfigure the VPN client to only route work prefixes
17 through the VPN and let everything else go through your local default
18 gateway.
19
20 Note: What I'm suggesting is typically called "Split Horizon" routing /
21 VPN.
26 Grant. . . .
27 unix || die