From: James <jtp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] alsamixergui with gentoo-sources-2.6.26
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:57:36
1 All,
2
3 I have a weird one here. I have been using alsamixergui for quite some
4 time without problems on kernel 2.6.24. The other day I upgraded to
5 2.6.26 and now every time I try to modify the volume level(s) on
6 alsamixergui for any one of the devices, the mixer just completely
7 hangs. The only way to get it back is to do a kill -9 <pid>.
8
9 This happens consistently. (Un)muting works fine on the mixer, but
10 changing volume levels always results in a complete hang.
11
12 alsamixer (the text version) works beautifully.
13
14 I've upgraded to the latest version of alsamixergui with no success.
15
16 Thoughts?
17 -j