From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Strange eix problem
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 14:52:34
1 On 2019.09.09 04:18, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Morning all,
3 >
4 > On one box here I get this output from eix-test-obsolete:
5 >
6 > Installed packages with a version not in the database (or masked):
7 > [?] sys-apps/most (5.0.0a-r1{tbz2}[1]@22/03/19 -> 5.0.0a-r1{tbz2}):
8 > Paging
9 > program that displays, one windowful at a time, the contents of a file
10 > [1] "prh-local" /usr/local/portage
11 >
12 > But:
13 >
14 > serv ~ # ls -l /usr/local/portage
15 > total 3.0K
16 > drwxr-xr-x 2 portage portage 1.0K Apr 7 2014 metadata
17 > drwxr-xr-x 2 portage portage 1.0K Aug 8 2015 profiles
18 > drwxr-xr-x 3 portage portage 1.0K Jan 14 2019 sys-boot
19 >
20 > This was immediately after emerge --sync and eix-update. I'm trying
21 > to think
22 > of a way to fix it; any ideas?
23 >
24 > --
25 > Regards,
26 > Peter.
27 What does "eix most' show?
28
29 It looks like portage thinks your current install of most was done from
30 your local repository, Either that's true, and you just deleted it
31 from /usr/local/portage, or else portage is confused about where it
32 last installed from. In either case, just "emerge -1 most" and it
33 should (re)install it from the main tree.
34
35 If you never had that package in your local repo, perhaps the more
36 important question is why did portage think you did?
37
38 Jack