From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] opengl - howto get rid of Nvidia
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:58:49
1 On Samstag 21 Februar 2009, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have switched from a machine with Nvidia (proprietary) graphics driver
5 > to a machine with onboard radeonhd device.
6 >
7 > Now when reemerging xorg-server or trying to eselect opengl
8 > it always tries to find Nvidia's opengl.
9 >
10 > Of course, I have unmerged the nvidia driver.
11 >
12 > How can I get rid of the Nvidia heritage?
13 >
14 > Many thanks for a hint,
15 > Helmut.
16
17 you probably have some dangling symlinks left. That happens when you unmerge
18 first, eselect later. eselect can not deal with dangling symlinks - it fails
19 silently. So, check for broken symlinks, remove them, then run eselect again.