From: Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Preserved Libraries?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:22:37
1 On Friday 25 Jul 2008, s3b4sm4gr1 wrote:
2 > > I'm trying to get emerge world to complete after a recent --sync.
3 > >
4 > > However, I get a series of error messages related to preserver libs and
5 > > I'm told to use this command:
6 > >
7 > > emerge @preserved-rebuild
8 > >
9 > > to resolve the problem. Repeated use of that command doesn't seem to
10 > > help.
11 > >
12 > > What do I need to do to get emerge world to complete?
13
14 When I recently had this problem the advice was to delete all the libraries
15 and run revdep-rebuild to check everything was OK. In fact, revdep-rebuild
16 found no problems.
17
18 HTH
19 -Robin