From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Cacti vs JFFNMS
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 19:32:18
1 A. Khattri <ajai <at> bway.net> writes:
4 You should check out JFFNMS. It took me quite a lot of pain to set it up,
5 on Debian sarge, but, that's because I'm weak at most thing web(php, mysql,
6 etc). There's a robust support group. My debian system got cross_ways
7 sarge about 9 months ago, so that's when I switched to Gentoo.
8
9 JFFNMS up/downloads config files and it has many features including netflow....
10 If somebody knows what they are doing, it's probable not difficult to create
11 an ebuild for JFFNMS. Javier, the main developer, uses Gentoo, but only
12 lists an ebuild on the 'todo' list..............
13
14 I'm sure I'll get around to installing JFFNMS, via tarball, but, I'm hoping
15 somebody creates the ebuild (dame gentoo has spoiled me....) so I can avoid
16 another time_sink. Lot's of folks say installation is easy, but, it was
17 painful for me, because I'm not a web_master......
20 thanks for the feed back.
21
22 James
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list