From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sddm-0.16.0 does not work with plain openrc
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 01:33:09
1 Arve Barsnes wrote:
2 > On 14 October 2017 at 08:37, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 >
5 > A quick heads-up to anyone who like me uses sddm on a plain openrc box
6 > with USE="-elogind -systemd" and upgrades to sddm-0.16.0 (recently
7 > released)
8 >
9 > That combination does not work. The xdm service starts, sddm launches,
10 > logs a message that doesn't look too ominous and then does ...
11 > nothing.
12 > No sddm, No X-Server. Very confusing, took me a while to solve.
15 > That's interesting. This combination works just fine here. Installed
16 > 0.16.0 Wednesday, rebooted Thursday, sddm worked as normal.
17 > USE="consolekit pam -elogind -systemd"
18 >
19 > Arve
22 I wonder if a piece of hardware, video card for example, is also needed
23 to trigger this issue?  Something in the kernel config maybe?
24
25 Just a thought.  Thanks for the heads up Alan.  Nothing like expecting
26 something to go wrong and have a plan B handy.
27
28 Dale
29