From: "Gerrit Kühn" <gerrit.kuehn@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running 3rd party apps intended for Ubuntu/RedHat
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 11:10:22
1 On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 22:25:18 +0000 (UTC) Grant Edwards
2 <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote about [gentoo-user] Running 3rd party
3 apps intended for Ubuntu/RedHat:
4
5 > I've been thinking about trying to automate this by installing the app
6 > on an Ubuntu or RedHat system and then running a bash script that uses
7 > ldd et alia to find and bundle up the set of required library files.
8
9 Some years ago I used a tool called ermine for something similar. Looks
10 like it still exists (although I don't know if it will be of any use for
11 you today): <http://www.magicermine.com/>
14 cu
15 Gerrit