From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2007.0 installer problem (unpacking the stage tarball takes forever)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 08:48:09
1 Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
2 > However, when you are not a linux expert and want to
3 > set-up a gentoo workstation fast (my case) i think it would be
4 > convenient to use a graphical installer and then, with time get to know
5 > the basic install and all the concepts behind it.
6
7 I would argue that you can much more efficiently learn Linux and Gentoo
8 by going through the install process by hand rather than using a
9 graphical installer. Then you see the pieces of the puzzle as they come
10 together!
13 Randy Barlow
14 http://electronsweatshop.com
15 --