From: "John J. Foster" <Gentoo-User@××××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble with new xorg-x11 and 1 (one) keycode
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:26:01
1 Since going to x11-base/xorg-x11-7.0-r1 2 days ago, I've been having
2 trouble with just 1 multimedia key on a Logitech cordless keyboard
3 (Model Y-RJ20). The key is labeled "Media" and produces a legitimate
4 KeyPress and KeyRelease events in xev.
5
6 ...snip
7 keycode 237 (keysym 0x1008ff32, XF86AudioMedia)
8
9 In "kcontrol --> Regional & Accessibility --> Input Actions" I have a
10 group defined for Amarok, and in there one of the Actions is for this
11 key to do a "Command/URL Simple" which is:
12
13 amarok --toggle-playlist-window
14
15 which doesn't do anything now. 5 other media related keys work as
16 they always have defined.
17
18 I've tried changing to different Logitech keyboard models, although none
19 of them match exactly. But I really think this is an xorg issue.
20
21 All suggestions are welcome.
22
23 Thanks,
24 festus
25 --
26 It is not unusual for those at the wrong end of the club to have a
27 clearer picture of reality than those who wield it.
28 Noam Chomsky