From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with revdep-rebuild
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:09:48
1 Massimiliano Ziccardi writes:
2
3 > I'm trying to update my gentoo after a long time.
4
5 That tends to be more problematic than regular updates.
6
7 > I tried the update (emerge -uD world) but I got some problem about
8 > conflicting and missing libraries, so I've uninstalled some software.
9
10 portage 2.2 may ease these things, it does some automatic blocker
11 resolution (does not work always for me, but most of the times). It is
12 still masked, but people use it for far over a year now, and I did not
13 read about big problems.
16 > When it tries to emerge xfce4-panel it always gives this error during
17 > the build process:
18 >
19 > /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la: No such file or directory
20 >
21 > I tried to re-emerge the libxfce4util package, but with no luck : that
22 > file do not exists!!!
23 >
24 > Any idea?
25
26 Maybe give 'lafilefixer --justfixit' a try? Emerge lafilefixer if you do
27 not have it already.
28
29 Have you read all he elog messages? They sometimes tell about additional
30 manual steps that have to be done.
31
32 Wonko