From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving installation to another HD
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:17:22
1 Daniel da Veiga wrote:
2 > On 8/10/06, Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> > Any info needed, please let me know.
5 >>
6 >> * Boot from a live-CD
7 >> * mount old and new drive partitions
8 >> * cd to the mountpoint containing the data to be copied
9 >> * tar -cSp --numeric-owner -f - . | ( cd /mnt/NEW && tar xSpvf - )
10 >> * Drink coffee :)
11 >>
12 >> Worked for me more than once.
15 > Thanks Cristopher. I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.
18 I always boot from the CD, mount both drives as above then do a cp -av
19 /old/stuff/ new/stuff and it works. No tarring and such then. Still
20 get to drink a cup of coffee though. O_O
21
22 Dale
23
25 --