From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Mozilla & Google behind the scenes payola
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:48:14
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:28:18 +0100
4 "Michael Kintzios" <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk> wrote:
5
6 > Do the cookie settings under preferences override FF/Google's preset
7 > cookie flow?
8
9 Yep, the FF/Google cookie flow, yes. But I think you mean the cookie
10 flow from Google's search result pages' links? No, probably the cookie
11 settings won't allow to influence this (well, they'll do if you
12 construct fine-grained per-domain cookie settings). I emphasize it
13 again: It's NOT google-specific. Prefetching just fetches everything
14 linked as being "next", and Google just uses this fact.
15
16 Prefetching with a different set of general cookie acceptance
17 permissions than normal website visits would be kind of pointless.
18 You'd better disable prefetching completely, then.
19
20 I'd vote for a preference setting for prefetching:
21 - disable / enable / enable for the same host only
22 a little bit like cookie handling.
23
24 -hwh
25 --