From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] KDE4 printer config question
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 04:48:47
1 Howdy,
2
3 OK, installed KDE 4.4.1 on an older box (BE-2400 4GB ~x86), seems to be working pretty good. But am having trouble trying to figure out the kde way to configure a network (cups on a kubuntu system) printer.
4
5 From system_settings, Printer Configuration, the Server Settings are all disabled. I think I need to set "Show printers shared by other systems". So first tried running system_settings as root to see if it's an authentication issue, no luck, still disabled. Next did some googling and thought maybe need to use kauth to allow it, again no luck. Any good tutorials on how to use kauth?
6
7 So any ideas on what piece of the puzzle I'm missing?
8
9 On a side topic, I had cloned the System Settings menu item to set one version up to run as root. The new menu item does not show up in the new menu manager, but does using old style menus. Any pointers on how to add items to the new menu style?
10
11 TIA,
12 Roy