From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the fastest file system for microsd?
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 12:37:42
1 On 31/08/20 21:00, Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 15:07 никита степанов <nstepanov3@××.ru
3 > <mailto:nstepanov3@××.ru>> wrote:
4 >
5 > What is the fastest file system for microsd?
8 > Any file system without journaling and other extra parts. I would place
9 > my bets on ext2 in terms of raw speed.
10 >
11 > There is also FAT and exFAT which should be fast enough. exFAT is
12 > optimised for flash storage and is now in the kernel.
13
14 Note that ext2 doesn't exist any more as a separate filesystem. I think
15 it was lwn, I saw the maintainer say that it's only ext now, ext2 and 3
16 are just synonyms for "4 with various options switched off". So I'd read
17 the docu and see what you think ...
18
19 Cheers,
20 Wol