From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} image metadata and privacy
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:43:57
1 Hi Grant,
2
3 Yes, I just had to do this myself.
4
5 There are two packages: jhead and exiftool. The former does jpegs only.
6 I wound up using exiftool, there's a single command to strip all metadata:
7
8 exiftool -all= *.jpg
9
10 If I remember right that creates a copy of the file it processes.
11
12 You can use exiftool to list tags and also remove individual tags. I
13 used it to make sure there were no GPS tags in pictures from my phone.
14
15 Dan
16