From: Anthony Metcalf <nevyn@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Domain name registration
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 08:41:10
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking for suggestions to use for DNS registrars.
5 >
6 > But first a few key points.
7 >
8 > 1. "I" own the domain name exclusively. This means if I want to
9 > change (move) registrars, it's not an issue, except for expenses.
10 >
11 > 2. No bundled packages for space of any kind needed or wanted.
12 > (I'll be running my own server on dedicated connection).
13 >
14 > 3. No DNS restrictions except for the Registrar running
15 > optional secondary (dns) service for me.
16 > I need to run the primary and the secondary DNS servers.
19 I use http://freedns.afraid.org/ . Doesn't meet your not-free
20 stipulation, but I think just about encompasses everything else....
21 > Are there any other choices using Gentoo, other than
22 > DJBDNS or bind-9 ? Thoughts?