From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: not switching to elogind - but where's consolekit?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:42:10
1 On 2020-09-02 09:23, n952162 wrote:
2 > On 2020-09-02 09:06, n952162 wrote:
3 >> When I read the news item about elogind, it seems that it's an
4 >> optional migration from consolekit.  I don't find consolekit in my
5 >> /var/db/pkg directory or in "qlist -IRv" output.  In order to update,
6 >> though, I have to select one of (consolekit, systemd, elogind).
7 >>
8 >> Do I have consolekit on my Desktop-profiled, reasonably updated
9 >> gentoo system?
12 > Okay, I just found this:
13 >
14 > https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1102632-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-25.html?sid=8a731f2a2db05fb5df8772b7a1647a15
15 >
16 > I probably indeed don't have consolekit - I'm one of the 45%. It seems
17 > to be polkit that's forcing me to make a decision  - do I need it?
18 >
19 > What tool can I use to find a dependency tree?
22 Okay, I found "equery g polkit", which gives me the dependency tree I
23 was looking for, but I just realized, I don't have polkit, either.  But
24 the emerge @system (or @world) has:
25
26 /!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sys-auth/polkit" has unmet
27 requirements.//
28 //- sys-auth/polkit-0.116-r1::gentoo USE="introspection nls pam
29 (-consolekit) -elogind -examples -gtk -jit -kde (-selinux) -systemd
30 -test" ABI_X86="(64)"//
31 //
32 //  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied://
33 //    exactly-one-of ( consolekit elogind systemd )/
34
35 I guess polkit is being newly pulled in and then forcing me to choose a
36 multi-seat configuration?
37
38 There are tons of things that are dependent on polkit, most of which I
39 don't have, like systemd.  The right way to solve this is to go through
40 each one and find out if/why it's suddenly appearing and whether I need
41 it or not?   For example, I might  have to add a new USE flag to disable
42 a new functionality that I didn't want in the first place to prevent a
43 total re-sculpting of my system?
44
45 Or, I'm ignorant of some basic, simplifying fact ...