From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sysrescue+new asus mobo+secure boot=0
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 12:56:32
1 Thanks for the suggestions for solving my booting problem, which admittedly
2 is not particularly Gentoo related at this stage in the installation
3 process.
4
5 I’ve tried usb sticks with both Sysrescue and Ubuntu server to boot this
6 thing. It appears to attempt to boot each one, but then the screen goes
7 blank after 1-2 seconds, at which point I can’t tell what’s going on. Each
8 usb stick boots my other machines normally, and the screen works normally
9 when used as a display for my other Gentoo machines.
10
11 Your suggestions imply that there’s nothing especially magical about
12 putting Linux on Asus mobos and that I’m setting up the bios correctly. So
13 I’m coming to the conclusion that this mobo may not be working as
14 intended. Back it goes!
15
16 John