From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 03:55:12
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 07 January 2016 12:40:48 Dale wrote:
3 > --->8
4 >> Well, I undid everything, moved the files out of /etc/portage, and did
5 >> my regular updates. When I logged back in, some things were different.
6 >> I don't mean broke different, just different. I sort of lost my
7 >> settings on some things it seems and my saved session was a bit weird.
8 >> Some apps were open and showed at the bottom but I couldn't get them
9 >> where I could see them. It acted like they were hidden, you know when
10 >> you click and get it to minimize. Thing is, clicking to get it to come
11 >> back didn't work. It's there but not there if you get it.
12 > I've been getting that for months now. A random selection of the windows I
13 > have open on various desktops are inaccessible. Sometimes a reboot will fix
14 > it, but often not. In that case I have to stop each program and restart it.
15 >
16 > It's as though there were two planes of desktops, only one of which was
17 > visible, and any given program would be outputting to either one or the
18 > other. Weird.
21 That sounds just like what I have here. I can see it in that little bar
22 at the bottom but I can't get it to pop up on the desktop to use the
23 app. Restarting the app makes it show up and it works like usual after
24 that. It's pretty weird.
25
26 I'm curious to see what it does when I have to log out and back in again
27 tho. I wonder if it was a one off event or if I have to restart
28 everything again after logging in. I use a saved session so I'll know
29 when I login again I guess.
30
31 Dale
32