From: Heiko Baums <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: lists@×××××.at
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] latest gentoo-sources and nvidia ?
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:41:12
1 Am Sun, 30 Mar 2014 13:07:22 +0200
2 schrieb "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>:
3
4 > Does anyone already successfully run gentoo-sources-3.13.7 with
5 > nvidia-drivers?
6
7 I do.
8
9 > If yes, which version does work?
10
11 The newest: gentoo-sources-3.13.7 and nvidia-drivers-334.21-r1.
12
13 I've installed nvidia-drivers with USE="X acpi multilib tools uvm
14 -pax_kernel".
15
16 Had to add the USE flag uvm to get it working. And I reconfigured acpi
17 in the kernel config. But I had some acpi features in my kernel I
18 didn't need for my hardware anyway, which I removed. I don't know if
19 this was necessary for nvidia-drivers to get working.
20
21 As framebuffer driver I've compiled the kernel with CONFIG_FB_VESA=y.
22
23 The USE flag multililb is, of course, only necessary if you need it.
24
25 Heiko