From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chrony-2.2 failing
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 17:07:48
1 On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Hello list,
5 >
6 > Chrony has been upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.2 this week. The new version seems
7 > to run just fine on this amd64 box, but on my x86 Atom box it fails to
8 > start
9 > thus:
10 >
11 > # /etc/init.d/chronyd start
12 > * Starting chronyd ...
13 > * start-stop-daemon: caught an interrupt
14 > * start-stop-daemon: /usr/sbin/chronyd died
15 > * Failed to start chronyd [ !! ]
16 > * ERROR: chronyd failed to start
17 >
18 > This is after adjusting the config files. Has anyone else stumbled into
19 > this?
20 >
21 > What's more, earlier versions had a decent man page and heavily commented
22 > chronyd.conf, but now the chrony.conf man page has been cut to a bare
23 > minimum and instead refers to a file chrony.txt "included in the
24 > distribution". I cannot find any such file after running ebuild $(equery w
25 > chrony) prepare.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Rgds
29 > Peter
33 '/usr/share/info/chrony.info.bz2' seems to offer more complete
34 documentation.
35
36 chrony2.2 seems to be running OK on my system:
37
38 uname -p
39 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz
40
41 Here's the contents of my 'chrony.conf', if that is of any help.
42
43 grep '^[a-z]' /etc/chrony/chrony.conf
44 server 0.pool.ntp.org iburst
45 server 1.pool.ntp.org iburst
46 server 2.pool.ntp.org iburst
47 maxupdateskew 5