From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel config power-saving arcana; and getting acpi working.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 00:49:06
1 On Wednesday 25 January 2006 19:27, a tiny voice compelled Neil Bothwick to
2 write:
3 > On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:48:55 -0800, Robert Persson wrote:
4 > > Some while back I was trying to get power saving working fully on my
5 > > desktop box and I found people talking about swsusp (as opposed to
6 > > swsusp2) being part of the official kernel sources. This puzzled me
7 > > greatly because I have never come across this option when configuring a
8 > > kernel. In the end I resigned myself to it being just one of those
9 > > things.
10 >
11 > Type / followed by susp while in make menuconfig to find it. Just
12 > browsing the options won't necessarily find what you want, because some
13 > only appear when others are enabled, whereas the search function shows
14 > all matching options, and tells you what else you need to enable.
15
16
17 Now THAT is about the most valuable tip I've ever hear of for making a kernel.
18 I've never seen that documented before.
19 --
20 Regards, Ernie
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list