From: Whitt Madden <whittmadden@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2007.0 installer problem (unpacking the stage tarball takes forever)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:30:59
1 This is what the handbook says about stage tarballs:
2
3 Code Listing 5: Surfing to the mirror listing with links
4
5 # links http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml
6
7 (If you need proxy support with links:)
8 # links -http-proxy proxy.server.com:8080
9 http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml
10
11 Make sure you download a *stage3* tarball - installations using a stage1 or
12 stage2 tarball are not supported anymore.
13
14 If you want to check the integrity of the downloaded stage tarball, use
15 md5sum and compare the output with the MD5 checksum provided on the mirror.
16 For instance, to check the validity of the x86 stage tarball: