From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Conrad SATA-II PCI Controller
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:24:06
1 On Tue, September 22, 2009 09:52, Mike Kazantsev wrote:
2 > On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:44:54 +0200
3 > Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
4 >
5 >> [OT] Does anybody know if the "4 PORT SATA II RAID PCI-KARTE"
6 >> http://www.conrad.ch/goto.php?artikel=973451 works with (Gentoo-)
7 >> Linux. On the product description page it only lists Wintendo.
8 >> And if yes, which kernel driver?
9 >
10 > You can try putting SystemRescueCd (www.sysresccd.org), which is
11 > basically gentoo with as-complete-as-possible support for such stuff, to
12 > any USB stick and asking if you can check it right in store.
13 >
14 > lspci -v should list the module, which will be auto-loaded. And if it's
15 > not, then you probably out of luck.
16 Thanks for the tipp, the problem is that Conrad does not have any shop
17 close to where I live. I found an other card on the net with support for
18 Linux - so now I'm just waiting for it to arrive.
21 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
23 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!