From: Helge Kaltenbach <sap@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo userlist <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mainboard Suggestion Intel Core 2 Duo
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:41:28
1 Hey everybody...
2
3 i'm planning to get a dual core cpu soon, the smallest Core 2 Duo from
4 Intel actually: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
5
6 now i'm looking for mainboards..the ones i had in mind so far:
7
8 Intel P965 Chipset:
9
10 MSI P965 Platinum:
11 + cheap :)
12 + passive cooling mainboard -> silent
13 - hard to get here in germany...
14
15 ASUS P5P Deluxe
16 +passive cooling
17 +- more expensive than the MSI, but still ok
18 +- easier to get, but still most shops show me a wait time...
21 Intel 975X Chipset:
22
23 Intel D975XBX "Bad Axe"
24 - expensive
25 + good for overclocking (what i hardly do...)
26
27 ASUS P5WD2-E Premium
28 - expensive
29 + available in most shops
33 Anyone got experience with one of these boards, especially driver issues
34 are interesting.
35 I'm not sure how much I should give on the overclocking
36 possibilities...I usually don't do that, wouldn't mind having the option
37 though (no extreme overclocking for sure, but perhabs a little)
38 Cheapest of all is the MSI...had good experience with MSI as well...
39
40 any else suggestions/ideas/experiences?
41
42 thx in advance
43
44 helge