From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:30:59
1 On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:39 AM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Spelunking in /etc/rc.conf, I found the rc_parallel setting,
3 > accompanied with a quite significant WARNING.
4
5 Maybe not what you're looking for, but if you are really interested in
6 truly parallelizing the startup of services you could try systemd.
7
8 I use it in all of my boxes, and the boot time saved is in some cases
9 in the order of one minute.
10
11 (And to everybody else: I'm not interested in a flame war; I'm just
12 telling my [admittedly empirical] experience).
13 --
14 Canek Peláez Valdés