From: Bill Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice and IDL
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 05:46:30
1 On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 07:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 06:14 on Thursday 03 February 2011, Dale did
3 > opine thusly:
4 >
5 > > Bill Kenworthy wrote:
6 > > > I am having problems building openoffice - it gets to the IDL files
7 > > > (actual file it hangs on can vary) and seems to crash part of X and the
8 > > > build hangs.
9 > > >
10 > > > Anyone seen this before? - it is happening on only one of my systems and
11 > > > I google isnt showing me any similar situations.
12 > > >
13 > > > BillK
14 > >
15 > > Since that is a huge package to build, you got enough memory? How about
16 > > drive space on portages work directory? May want to check with top and
17 > > df to see if one of those is causing problems.
18 >
19 > Also try build with j=-1
22 Done that, plus ~210 gigabytes spare, tried no ccache, blank cflags etc
23 etc, and its built successfully many times on this machine - up until a
24 month or so ago.
25
26 However, I'm running python-updater as Ive discovered a few other things
27 are not working, so its probably some obscure part of the build
28 chain/supporting apps is broken.
29
30 Billk