From: Alex Condori <acondori@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Streaming and videoconferencing in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:11:28
1 I'm new to this listserv. I'd like to get some advice from
2 experienced gentoo users out there...
3
4 I have a fully operative Gentoo system in the office.
5 I'd like to build an infrastructure that could be able
6 to do two things:
7
8 - Serve audio & video streaming to the internet
9 (I'd like this stream to be dummy-proof, because
10 I want people with simple winXP systems
11 to play the streams with windows tools like
12 Windows Media Player that are easily found in
13 such OS)
14
15 - Videoconferencing.
16
17 Did any of you test such a system. I'd appreciate
18 to get information about solutions that have been
19 tested under Gentoo and work in your homes or
20 jobs. I don't try to build a high performance system,
21 but a low-end one.
22
23 Thanks.
24