From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:19:08
1 On 13/12/17 15:17, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 13 Dec 2017 14:01:38 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Can't you change this with fstab settings. I see a similar behaviour
5 >>> when trying t mount NFS shares that aren't there, but it gives up
6 >>> trying after 90s and gets on with booting the computer.
7 >>
8 >> I've tried ...
9 >>
10 >> Systemd and mounting anything other than local linux hard drives gives
11 >> me a migraine ...
12 >>
13 >> Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget about drives it can't
14 >> mount while booting. Yes I *should* be able to tell it to just forget
15 >> about drives it can't access while shutting down. Yes I *should* be able
16 >> to tell it to do what I want, but it seems that no matter what I tell
17 >> it, it randomly refuses to boot or shut down because of a hiccup with a
18 >> Windows or network mount :-(
19 >
20 > Have you tried adding x-systemd.mount-timeout= and/or nofail to the
21 > options in fstab? See man systemd.mount.
22 >
23 >
24 Quite likely. And ditched thanks to the guaranteed hang on shutdown as a
25 result, I think.
26
27 Every "fix" causes a different problem elsewhere, ime :-(
28
29 Cheers,
30 Wol