From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no more googleearth in portage
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 18:02:42
1 On 09/19/2017 10:55 PM, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > I suppose it's due to Google's choice to support only Chrome, although I missed the Gentoo
3 > news bit if there was one.
4 >
5 > For Android there is the really good Open Street Map application, are there any desktop
6 > alternatives in Portage for non-Chrome users? I know OSM has a web interface but I'd
7 > prefer a standalone application.
8
9 Gentoo has never handled new versions of googleearth well. They gave up
10 this time.
11
12 The alt version from the voyageur overlay (found from zugainia.org
13 site) worked with the new 7.3.0.3830 google earth with slight modifications.