From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dev-lang/R installation : a hard nut
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:33:44
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm looking for advice on the following hard nut.
4 On one of my machines emerging dev-lang/R fails while on
5 a very similar one it succeeds!
6
7 On the 'bad one' I get lots of
8
9 Warning in lazyLoadDBinsertVariable(vars[i], from, datafile, ascii,
10 compress, :
11 internal error 8 in R_compress3
12
13 and finally
14
15 ** R
16 ** data
17 ** moving datasets to lazyload DB
18 Warning: lzma decoding result 8
19 Error in if (!grepl("RD[AX]2\n", magic)) { : argument is of length zero
20 ERROR: lazydata failed for package 'survival'
21
22 On both machines I have xz-utils-5.0.3 installed and the 'bad machine'
23 has even been reinstalled by an emerge --emtpytree some weeks, ago.
24 The dev-lang/R problem happened before that and is still happening.
25 I have re-emerged xz-utils but still no luck.
26 It must have be related to some settings which are not changed by an
27 emerge --emtpytree
28
29 (As a work around, copying the binary package from that other machine
30 and doing an emerge -k works just, but I'd like to know why)
31
32 Many thanks for any hints,
33 Helmut.