From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] python2.4 directory
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:56:25
1 On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM, Daniel Pielmeier
2 <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > 2009/3/5 Evgeniy Bushkov <zhen@×××××××××.ru>:
4 >
5 > He already told us that he unmerged python.
6 >
7 > If you have successfully migrated to python 2.5 you should normally be
8 > able to remove this directory as this are probably leftovers from the
9 > old install where portage can do nothing about.
10 > To be save, what are the contents of this directory? Just
11 > site-packages with byte compiled python modules?
12 >
13 > --
14 > Regards,
15 > Daniel
16
17 The only remaining contents was two broken symlinks in the
18 site-packages directory. I proceeded and manually removed the
19 directory. I'm not expecting any problems, was just wondering why
20 portage didn't remove this empty directories for me? Guess the broken
21 symlinks may have played a role.
22
23 Thanks for the suggestions
24